PanTheryx is a global medical nutrition company that is dedicated to improving global health and quality of life through innovative life science. PanTheryx is focused on the research, development and commercialization of medical nutrition products targeting the gastrointestinal microbiome. The Company’s lead product, DiaResQ®, is a nutritional innovation that addresses acute diarrhea, a serious global health issue.
Headquarters: Boulder, Colorado
APS BioGroup, Phoenix, Arizona
Yanling Natural Hygiene, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PanTheryx was founded in 2007 by Boulder residents Tim and Bimla Starzl. The Starzl’s witnessed firsthand the serious health issues caused by pediatric diarrhea in northern India and were inspired to develop a broad spectrum product that addressed the underlying cause of this illness. They believed that a nutritional approach could be the solution to this age-old problem.
Mark Braman joined the company as president and CEO in 2011. He has 30 years of experience in the nutrition and life science industries, including 14 years in executive roles at Pfizer Inc.
Our Solution to a Global Health Problem:
Diarrhea is a worldwide problem, commonly affecting children under the age of five, travelers and other adults. In the United States, there are 179 million cases of acute diarrhea each year. Globally, there are nearly 1.7 billion cases of diarrhea every year among children under five. In many countries, it is a life-threatening condition. Diarrhea is the second-leading cause of death in children under five. (Source: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs330/en/). There are multiple causative agents, including viruses and bacteria which lead to diarrhea.
There are several limitations to existing therapies, including:
- Many are unsafe or not recommended for children.
- They address the symptoms but not the underlying cause.
- The propensity to degrade and lose effectiveness before they can reach the intestine.
PanTheryx’s flagship product, DiaResQ®, is a food for special dietary use, not a drug. It is specifically formulated to meet the dietary needs of people with diarrhea. Naturally occurring antibodies in bovine colostrum and chicken eggs are combined with other nutrients into a special matrix that allows them to pass safely through the stomach without degrading reaching the source of the problem in the small intestines. All ingredients in DiaResQ® are sourced in the United States and the product is produced in Arizona and Malaysia under GMP conditions.
- This nutritional innovation supports the body’s own natural immune defenses and reparative functions to gently and safely relieve acute diarrhea fast. It is safe for adults and children ages 1 and up.
- DiaResQ® is mixed with water and consumed orally. Diarrhea often resolves with as little as one serving; two servings are recommended.
- The product has broad spectrum efficacy and is beneficial in diarrhea caused by various pathogens, such as rotavirus, bacteria and toxins.
- Patents are issuing globally.
DiaResQ® has been internationally recognized by global experts in the Innovation Countdown 2030 Report as one of the 30 leading health care innovations with great promise to transform global health by 2030 and to help accelerate progress toward the new health targets established in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This recognition was led by PATH, and supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, among others.
Our Commitment to Universal Accessibility:
- PanTheryx believes strongly that all who may benefit from its products should have access. To accomplish this mission, the company is pursuing both private and public sector markets directly and through partnerships. DiaResQ® is now available in the United States on Amazon.com and at Passport Health clinics throughout the country.
- DiaResQ® will be available in U.S. pharmacy and mass retail starting later this year.
- Outside the U.S. DiaResQ® is available in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei.
- PanTheryx anticipates market launches in eight or more countries through the remainder of 2016.
- In September 2015, PanTheryx and Dr. Reddy’s, a leading global pharmaceutical company, entered into a multi-country supply and licensing agreement granting Dr. Reddy’s an exclusive license to market and distribute, DiaResQ® in India, Nepal, Russia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Ukraine, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Jamaica, and select Latin American markets.
PanTheryx’s public health outreach focuses on building strategic relationships with ministries of health, public health care programs and nongovernmental organizations to ensure that the poorest and hardest to reach families globally will have access to DiaResQ®.
- Leading this effort is Vice President of Public Initiatives Dr. Mark Grabowsky, a 25-year global health expert who previously directed strategic partnerships to help finance the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals.
- Grabowsky also oversees PanTheryx’ clinical trials in the ongoing work of establishing global health credibility and meeting the requirements of public sector partners around the world.